1. Once you download the ZIP file, extract it. You'll get a folder "SevenVG Black RTM Theme for Windows XP by Vishal Gupta".
2. In this folder, you'll get 5 more folders:
- Extra Common Tasks (This folder contains 2 extra shell styles: Bottom and Left dark blue.)
- Fonts (This folder contains Segoe UI fonts required for the theme. Run Fonts.exe file to install them.)
- Iconized Taskbar Hack (This folder contains registry script to enable Iconized taskbar in Windows XP.)
- Styler Toolbar (This folder contains "Styler" setup file and "SevenVG RTM" Styler skin. You can apply it to get Windows 7 look-like commandbar in Windows XP Explorer.) To know more about Styler and how to use it, visit this link.
- Theme (This folder contains the main theme. Run Theme.exe file to install it.)
4. Also make sure you have patched the "uxtheme.dll" file to be able to use 3rd party themes in Windows. If its not patched yet, download and run UXtheme Patcher using following link:
"Universal Theme Patcher" is an excellent UxTheme Patcher which supports Windows XP SP2/SP3, Server 2003, Vista SP1/SP2, Server 2008 and Windows 7. It can be used in both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) systems.
You can download it using following links:
Download Link | Mirror1 | Mirror2
Following are simple steps to use this awesome tool:
1. You just need to run its EXE file and it'll ask you to select the language.
2. Click on OK button and it'll detect the OS and condition of the system files. It'll show you the information and will ask you for confirmation.
3. Click on Yes button. Now you'll see the main interface of this tool. You just need to click on the "Patch" button given for each file:
4.Once you patch a file, the "Restore" button gets activated so that you can restore the default file in future.
5. Restart your system and you'll be able to use 3rd party themes in Windows without any problem.
Thx To : www.askvg.com